Pricing and FAQs
We are committed to transparency in our pricing structure, distinguishing ourselves from other companies that choose to conceal their costs. Why? Building trust is fundamental even before the inspection process begins. Our commitment to delivering high-quality service is backed by a track record of satisfied clients. We believe in fostering trust through clear communication, attention to detail, and accurately identifying the unique details of your new home. Given the amount of information and level of detail in a Scope Inspection, our reports take longer to produce. Our commitment to prompt service ensures that our reports are typically delivered on the same day as the inspection, with a maximum turnaround time of 24 hours from completion.
It's important to note that the inspection and report represent just a portion of what is included in our pricing. A distinctive feature of a Scope Inspection is an exclusive educational walkthrough at the conclusion of the inspection. This feature not only aids in acquainting you with your new home but also imparts valuable tips on protecting your investment, drawing on our decades of experience.
In terms of pricing, we offer competitive pricing that considers the size and complexity of your home. It's worth noting that older and larger homes may require additional time for a thorough evaluation of the home's systems, which, in turn, may lead to an increase in the overall cost.
Under 1699 square feet - $398
1700-2000 - $420
2001-2599 - $450
2600-3199 - $500
3200-4000 - $550
4001-4999 - $600
5000-5499 - $650
5500-5999 - $700
6000-6499 - $750
6500-6999 - $800
7000sq. ft. + (sf X .125)
*Add $30 for homes between 74-94 years old.
*Add $50 for homes between 95-126 years old.
*Add $100 for homes between 127- 224 years old.
*Add $50 for each outbuilding you would like inspected.
*Add $100 for each outbuilding with heat or separate electrical system
*Add $100 for all homes that are "handyman specials" or highly distressed.
*Radon Tests are an additional $120 with an inspection or $170 without.
*Termite or Wood Destroying Organism (WDO) Inspection is $90 or $140 without a home inspection.
*Ozone Air Cleaning Treatments are $150.
Under 1000 sq.ft. - $300
1001 – 1600 sq. ft. - $325
1601 and above - $350
$650 and up
Acquiring a home stands as your most significant investment. Gaining comprehensive knowledge about the property before purchase is crucial. This empowers you to make an informed decision, understand the home's systems, and potentially avert unforeseen repairs.
Moreover, our inspectors will highlight positive features of the home. They'll also provide recommendations for maintenance steps and tips to preserve your home in optimal condition.
- We are a highly rated inspection company that customizes report for you about your new home. We spend the extra time with a walkthrough that other companies will not because we believe quality should never replace for quantity.
- Our inspectors work for you, providing a lot of information to help you make a large decision. We will answer all your questions at the inspection and provide you with a comprehensive report and custom maintenance manual that you can refer back to.
- We complete hundreds of inspections every year - experience is incredibly important when choosing a reputable home inspection company
- Professionally trained and Certified by the American Home Inspection Institute, AHIT.
- Professionally trained for Commercial Building Inspections by CDW Engineering.
- Years of property management experience and real estate investing.
- Unbiased and reputable.
- Licensed Nationally and by the State of Wisconsin.
- Professionally Certified Member with InterNational Association of Certified Home Inspectors, InterNachi. InterNACHI and local chapter member. InterNachi holds their members to a high level of competence and ethics.
- Curious on what home inspectors are required to inspect? We adhere to the WI Standards of Practice for all home inspections.
- Technologically Advanced - providing first class digital reports, with dozens of pictures and illustrations.
- Insured –including General liability and Professional Liability/E&O insurance. NOTE: The State of Wisconsin does not require inspectors to carry insurance. Our insurance will protect you and other parties involved in the transaction.
- Please see the Sample Report tab so you see and understand why Scope Inspections is highly rated and recommended.
While it is not necessary for you to be at the inspection, we welcome your presence and encourage you to attend. We know that not everyone can put aside 2-3 hours of their day so if you are only able to attend the end of the inspection to catch the summary, we understand.
When you are able to attend, you can ask questions of the inspector directly and you will have a better understanding of the property, any issues that may come up and the overall inspection report upon it's completion.
A standard Scope Inspection typically spans 2-3 hours, providing a visual examination of current or potential issues within your home. Our inspections are designed not only to address immediate concerns but also to enhance your familiarity with your new residence. Throughout the detailed 35+ page report, you'll find numerous maintenance and improvement tips. Additionally, every client receives a personalized folder containing a custom Scope Inspections Home Maintenance Manual, aiding in the effective upkeep of their investment.
No. A home and its components will go through typical life cycles and will eventually reach the end of its useful life. Also, a home inspection is not the same as a code inspection. While the inspector will be familiar with the local building codes, the objective of an inspection is to describe the physical condition of the house at inspection time and indicate what may need repair or replacement.
We are available 7 days a week, sun-up to sun-down, including same day inspections. Please feel free to book with us online, call, text or email for availability.
You may schedule by clicking the SCHEDULE NOW button and we will follow up with you soon after. Or if you prefer to call the office, we will discuss the specifics of the home and we will be happy to answer any questions you have including the price for the inspection. If all sounds good, we can schedule an inspection time that is convenient for you and I will confirm that time with your realtor.
We will send you a confirmation e-mail that includes an Inspection Agreement and a link to pay by credit card. You may also pay by check or cash at the inspection.
Feel free to contact me at any time for questions that may come up before the inspection. We will then see you on inspection day.
All major credit cards are processed via a secure link. We also accept check, cash, Zelle and Business Venmo
Ozone Air Cleaning Treatments are commonly used by water damage restoration companies to eliminate smoke odors after a home has been damaged by fire. We also use these treatments to help eliminate odors related to smoke, pets, previous home owners or related lingering odors. Ozone Air Cleaning is completed before listing a home for sale and after a homeowner takes ownership. Oxygen within the home is converted to Ozone making it unsafe for occupancy for people and pets. A typical treatment is six hours, email us for scheduling options.